Corentyne man in hiding after raping 12-year-old

0

By Royan Abrams

Police in ‘B’ Division are hunting for a 42-year-old Cane Harvester from a village on the Corentyne Coast after he raped a 12-year-old family member on October 03, 2016.

 

The accused (name withheld) was placed on $5,000 station bail at the Whim Police Station earlier in the week. He was expected to make his next court appearance on Thursday, October 06,2016 at the Whim Magistrates Court before Magistrate Charlyn Artiga but failed to do so.

 

An arrest warrant has since been issued for the 42-year-old man.

 

A police source close to the investigation told this publication that the police are making every effort to have the suspect arrested.

 

He added that searches were conducted at the suspect’s home but officers came up empty handed and were told by neighbours that the accused had packed a bag and fled the area. However, searches are being conducted at the home of relatives of the suspect.

 

Additionally, the News Room was informed that the mother of the victim may have information on the suspect’s whereabouts since she has also relocated from the home.

 

If arrested, the accused will appear at the Whim Magistrates Court on November 20, 2016.

 

Investigations are ongoing.

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.