BREAKING NEWS: Bare Root family hospitalised after consuming poison
By Leroy Smith
Doctors at the Georgetown Public Hospital are battling to save the lives of a mother and her three children after they consumed a poisonous substance earlier today (Friday, February 10, 2017).
The mother who is said to be between the ages of 20-30 years old administered a poisonous substance to her three children who are all below the age of 12, before consuming it herself.
The News Room during a visit to the family’s Bare Root home on the East Coast of Demerara, found that several household items were damaged and scattered in the yard. Persons related that the woman broke the items up this morning during a dispute with her husband.
According to reports received, this is not the first time that the woman made an attempt t end her life as she previously drank kerosene but managed to survive.
Based on information coming to the News Room from persons at the hospital, two of the children are not fully responsive to the medical treatment being administered.
The family was rushed to the hospital by a brother of the woman who also resides in the house that she shares with her children and husband.
The matter is also presently engaging the attention of the Child Care and Protection Agency (CCPA). Head of the agency, Ann Green confirmed that officers are already in the “fields” checking on the welfare of the children.
At the moment, neither the names of the children nor the mother is available. Additionally, up to the time that this report was published, there was no official report to the Police in ‘C’ Division regarding the matter.