Riddim Squad slay Beacons; Camptown, Flamingo play to exciting draw


Thirteen goals were scored in the latest Georgetown Football Association (GFA) STAG Premier League fixture at the Georgetown Football Club (GFC) Ground, when the tournament continued last evening.


In opening game, Riddim Squad slayed a hapless Beacons FC 6 – 1, while Sunburst Camptown and Flamingo played to an exciting 3 – 3 draw.


Entering the game chasing their first win of the League, Beacons FC, instead found a goal-hungry Riddim Squad team.


Amos Ramsay (10th and 63rd minute) and Kevin Agard (59th and 60th minute) both netted a double for the Mocha Arcadia team, while the other two goals came off the cleats of Wendell Joseph and Sceyon Hope who scored in the seventh and 37th minute respectively.


Beacons had lost four of their five previous outings while salvaging one draw. However, following last night’s results, they are now the only team in the League that failed to win a game after six rounds.


Beacons lone goal came from Shaquille Cornwall in the 32nd minute.


Meanwhile, Camptown FC, searching for their second win, in the eight-team league, got off to a perfect start, with Richie Richards giving them the lead just eight minutes into the game, but Flamingo equalized when Orlando Ricketts put his effort at the back of the net in the 31st minute.


The first half ended with the scores leveled 1 – 1, but it was Flamingo who would go-ahead when Ryan October scored in the 56th minute. But Flamingo’s lead short-lived as Rawle Adams pulled one back for Camptown three minutes later (2 – 2).


Not to be outdone, Flamingo once again went ahead, this time when veteran Leon Yaw made scored in the 62nd minute.


Camptown, nonetheless, ten minutes later (72nd minute), equalized once again, thanks to Anthony Sancho.


Both sides had their fair share of chances to find a game winner, but failed to capitalized on their respective efforts.

points standings page0001


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.