High Tide Advisory
The Ministry of Public Infrastructure would like to advise the general public to take all necessary precautions during the spring tides period of March 20, 2016 to March 27, 2016. The predicted tide indicates above normal levels for this impending period. The Sea and River Defence Department considers the following areas to be particularly susceptible to possible flooding as a result of storm surges which may induce overtopping of sea/river defence structures:
- Johanna Cecelia/Zorg, Charity & along Pomeroon River Banks
- Zeelandia/Moor Farm, Marionville/Bendorff, Good Success/ Sarah – Wakenaam Island
- Thierens/Success, Maryville, Cane Field/Amsterdam, Endeavour/Blenheim – Leguan Island
- Crane to Ruimzigt; Anna Catherina to Leonora, W.C.D; Belle Vue, W.B.D; Look Out, Salem/Sparta, E.B.E
- Water Street, Georgetown; Kingston, Georgetown to Ogle, E.C.D
The highest tides are expected to be on Wednesday March 23, 2016 at 4:12am at a height of 2.96 metres and Thursday March 24, 2016 at 4:41am at a height of 2.95 metres. In addition to the captioned locations, all persons residing along the banks of rivers and low lying coastal areas are advised to take all the necessary precautions against possible flooding. Precaution should also be taken by all mariners including those operating fishing vessels and larger vessels. Use of beaches and foreshore areas for recreational purposes during this period is not advised.
Contact Telephone Nos. 226-0650, 226 -1070, 226-4368, 619-3552, 654-4226, 654-4227, 662-4927.
The Chief Sea & River Defence Officer
Ministry of Public Infrastructure