Man perishes in fire at Adelphi Village


By Malisa Playter Harry


A 64-year-old man on the evening of Tuesday, September 06, 2016 perished in a fire at Adelphi Village, East Canje, Berbice.


Parsram Samaroo aka Isaac was bedridden at the time of the incident.


It was disclosed that the fire began at approximately 23:30 hrs.


News Room visited the scene earlier today (September 07, 2016) and spoke to relatives of the deceased.


Mother of the dead man, Sherian Persaud related that she was in the upper flat of the home when the fire began.


“Meh son a sleep downstairs caz he na walk, all me feel is a heat ketch near meh chest and me get up and me find the door and start hollafuh meh grandson. He come and pull meh out” the woman said whose grandson resides next door.

Raymond Mangru
Raymond Mangru

Meanwhile, the woman’s grandson, 25-year-old Raymond Mangru told this publication that after saving his grandmother from the fire, he rushed back to save Samaroo but the blaze had already consumed the entire house.


An estimated $500,000 went up in flames.


Investigations into the fire are ongoing.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.