GRA to commence registration of “CJ” motor-cycles
The Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) says it is prepping to commence registration of motorcycles in the new series, “CJ,” as the current “CH” Series draws to a close with just a few more motorcycles remaining to be registered.
Motorists are reminded that registration of a new motorcycle attracts a fee of $1,000 and that the following are required.
- Complete application form for new motorcycle registration
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Valid identification. Original and copy of Passport or National ID
- Original invoice
- Overseas Certification of Registration or an original cancellation letter of registration of title issued by the relevant agency in the country of origin, if it is a used or reconditioned motor vehicle
- Completed Customs Declaration C72 or C73
- Title: (providing information about the country of origin of the sale and all other information pertaining to the motor vehicle.)
- Tax exemption letter issued by the Tax Exemptions Processing and Verification Unit located at the GRA’s Headquarters, 200-201 Camp Street, Georgetown if tax exemption is granted.
- Bill of Lading
- Vehicle must be presented for examination.
A Motor Cycle Registration Series, like the motor vehicle, elapses after cycles registered by the Licence Revenue Office reach the nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine (9999) benchmark. The current “CH” Series commenced in January 2014