Father killed after forcing way into Albouystown home


By Leroy Smith

A man is dead, his uncle in custody and a suspect at large following an early morning shooting at 85 La Penitence Street, Albouystown.

27-year-old Michael Payne of 364 Tucket Street, South Ruimveldt, Georgetown was shot to his head, chest and upper left arm at about 6:30hrs this morning while his uncle known as “Turtle”, 38 years, of Ketley Street, Charlestown, is presently in the custody of the police.

Investigations have so far revealed that about 2200h. last night, the deceased tried to pacify a heated argument between one Sherlock Mc Kenzie, of 85 La Penitence Street, Albouystown, and some other persons and in the process,  he left his bicycle.

About 0630hrs., this morning the deceased and a male suspect went to Mc Kenzie’s home to retrieve his bicycle and after repeatedly calling and banging his door and gotten no response, they allegedly kicked down the door, entered the house, confronted Mc Kenzie and a scuffle ensued.

A neighbour who asked to remain anonymous related that “this morning I went lie down and I hear two boys come in the yard asking for this bai…and he was upstairs and he hear them but this lady next door, she see everything that go on but she left early because is she tell the people that the bai deh upstairs…she leff early because she ain’t want nobody question she…the man seh ‘yual come out meh house before somebody dead”.

During the process, several loud explosions were heard, after which the suspects fled and Payne was discovered with several suspected gunshot wounds. He was rushed to the Georgetown Public hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The News Room was also told that the man attempted to shoot Payne’s uncle who showed up at the house but the weapon jammed. It was at that point that the uncle fled the scene and the suspect also fled the house.

The mother of the dead man also spoke with the News Room. The mother said that she last saw her son on Thursday.

“I saw my son up to yesterday because he lives here with me and he does do plumbing wuk to and carpenter. Well he din tell me he get a wuk with meh son-in-law so he leave fo go to work yesterday but I ain’t know when he come back last night..but the sister seh she saw him come back last night and then he left” the mother said.

Calvin Brutus, Acting Commander of the Police ‘A’ Division along with other ranks from the Police force visited the home of the victim.

The investigations into the matter are ongoing.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.