Companies, fearing salmonella, recall powdered milk products
(CNN) The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced a series of recalls for powdered milk products that may be contaminated with salmonella.
- Valley Milk Products – nonfat high heat milk powder and sweet cream buttermilk powder
- Shearer’s Foods, LLC – kettle chips, potato chips, and nacho chips
- Deep River Snacks – kettle chips
- Boulder Brands, Inc. – macaroni and cheese
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc. – macaroni and cheese
- New Hope Mills – crepe mix
- Fourth Street Barbecue Inc. – macaroni and cheese
- Brand Castle, LLC – monkey bread mix
No one has reported getting sick from the products, but exposure to salmonella can result in diarrhea, abdominal cramps and fever.