Two homes gutted, several displaced, others require medical attention


By Leroy Smith

Two houses were this evening (Wednesday, February 15, 2017) gutted by fire resulting in several persons being permanently and temporarily displaced.

The News Room understands that the fire started as a result of an unattended candle which was left in one of the two cottage homes located in close proximity to each other at Princess Street, Georgetown.

Household items on the roadway

When the News Room arrived at the location, several household and other items were on the streets being guarded by their owners while those who were displaced were being comforted. A number of persons were also forced to seek medical attention as a result of injuries sustained trying to save their items.

The police and the fire service officers were at the scene trying to contain the blaze and keep persons at a safe distance.

More details will be provided in a subsequent report.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.