Mother of 10 ingests poisonous substance


By Leroy Smith


A thirty-six-year-old mother of ten who resides in an East Coast Demerara village, was on Friday last rushed to the Mahaica hospital after she ingested a poisonous substance following a misunderstanding with her reputed husband.

News Room was informed that the couple has been in a relationship since the woman was in her teens.

According to reports, on Friday night the woman reportedly told the man that she needed her portion of the assets so that she can move out of the home and an argument ensued. The woman then left and returned with a bottle in which a substance was contained.

While walking alongside her reputed husband on the roadway in an East Coast village, she reportedly drank the substance after which she informed the man that he can also have it if he wishes. Upon investigating the man discovered that the woman had ingested the substance.

After relatives rushed her to the hospital, she was treated and sent away, however News Room understands that the bottle with the poisonous substance is still in the possession of family members.

In an interview with the woman’s reputed husband, whom we will not name at this time, on Sunday, he told the News Room that he has been subjected to constant abuse from the woman and a few of their children.

He said that at one point he made a report of the abuse to the Clonbrook Police Station; however, he said two police ranks including a female, laughed at him and initially refused to take his report. That report was only taken after he threatened the ranks that he will go elsewhere to make his report.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.