Men busted with stolen items in Berbice, charged with five counts of simple larceny each


Three Georgetown men who were during the past week arrested in Berbice with a quantity of stolen items have been slapped with five counts of simple larceny charges each.

The men, 22-year-old Quincy Sabola of Lot 230 Hinds Street, Georgetown, 36-year-old Nicholas Troy of Lot 168 Pike Street, Kitty, and Businessman 30-year-old Brenthnol Charles of Lot 09 Durban and Camp Streets, Georgetown appeared before Magistrate, Rhandell Weaver at the Fort Wellington Magistrates’ Court. They and were not required to plead to the charges.

The men were arrested at Fort Wellington on the West Coast of Berbice on June 14, 2017, after police intercepted a motor car in which they were travelling, with a quantity of stolen items.

According to information reaching the News Room, minibus conductor, 46-year-old Trevor Iness of Lot 22 Armandale, WCB parked his pit-bull minibus BRR 9344 on the southern carriageway of the #22 Public Road, WCB and went to his home at about 100 feet away.

Iness told investigators that at about 01:00 hour, he woke up and found the minibus door opened. He added that upon checking he discovered that the computer box to the minibus was stolen, battery, his driver license and a tape deck totalling approximately $500,000.

As a result, he informed the police at the Fort Wellington Police Station who acted swiftly and set up a road block during which motor car HB 9264 was intercepted with the suspects.

The News Room was told that the motor car and the occupants were escorted to the station where a search was conducted on the vehicle in the presence of the occupants. The police found two computers boxes, two speaker boxes, two amplifiers, one DVD player, one jump start cable, one black garbage bag containing license and sari belonging to a mandir, one box mint sweets, two tweeters, two brakes pad, two power batteries and two tape decks.

According to a police source, Inness identified one tape deck, one computer box and one power battery as the items that were stolen from his minibus while the motor car and the other things were lodged at the Fort Wellington Police Station.

Following the court proceeding, the magistrate refused bail, and the three men are expected to return to court on July 05, 2017.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.