Linden schools sweep ‘Skip to my Lou’ competition
Linden students were in top form on Thursday, combining to cart off all the titles in the National ‘Skip to my Lou’ competition at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall, Homestretch Avenue.
Competing at the first annual nationwide event, the Lindeners made a clean sweep of the title, winning all the individual and team categories.
The participating schools from Linden were Mackenzie High, Christianburg Wismar Secondary, Christianburg Primary and Regma Primary.
Adriell Wilson of Mackenzie High was one of the standout performers. The talented youth, who represented Guyana at the World Jump Rope Championships in Miami earlier this year, wowed the crowd with his tremendous skills.
Below are the summarised results.
Last Man Standing (Primary)
- Janaee Greene (Regma Primary)
- Shaneeza Outar (Christianburg Primary)
- Shazim Hamid
Last Man Standing (Secondary)
- Adriell Wilson
- Revan LeFleur
- Shalannis Williams
- Regma – 135
- Christianburg- 127
- Kabakaburi Primary- 88
- Mackenzie High- 148 points
- Christianburg- 134
- Wakapoa- 118
Individual Freestyle (Primary)
- Janee Greene (Regma)
- Shaneeza Outar (Christianburg)
- Ashley Simon (Fort Ordinance)
Individual Freestyle (Secondary)
- Adriell Wilson (Mackenzie High)
- Courtley Anderson (Richard Ishmael)
- Anessa Haywood (President’s College)