Fire guts Corentyne house
The Guyana Fire Service is investigating the circumstances that led to a fire which completely destroyed a two-bedroom wooden house at Manchester on the Corentyne on Tuesday, October 3.
The fire has since left three persons homeless. One of the occupants, 29-year-old Neo Hunte told the News Room that no one was at the home when the fire started.
According to Hunte, at about 19:30 hrs, he was on the public road while his wife and child were in Georgetown. He added that while on the road, he received a telephone call from a neighbour who informed him that his house was on fire.
Hunte told the News Room that by the time he arrived at the location, the house was already engulfed in flames so he was unable to save anything. Persons desirous of helping the family can contact them on telephone number: 592- 660-1403.