Five homeless following Rose Hall fire


Five persons are now homeless following a fire of unknown origin which completely destroyed their Rose Hall Town Corentyne home on Monday, October 23, 2017.

‘Lloyd Moore visibly distraught following the incident

The News Room was told that the house was occupied by a vendor, his two children and two grandchildren.

News Room understands that the fire started just after 17:00 hrs while the Vendor, who was identified as Lloyd Moore was sleeping and his children and grandchildren were operating a stall, selling various food items.

The man, who was visibly shaken, told reporters at the scene that he smelled something burning and upon investigating he discovered that his house was on fire.

“I did sleeping and I start smell smoke coming and I jump up and see the fire, the distraught man said.

Before bursting into tears, the Vendor disclosed that his house does not have electricity and is confused as to what might have caused the fire.

During the blaze, residents in the area formed a bucket brigade; the Guyana Fire Service arrived at the scene moments later but by that time the entire building was engulfed in flames.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.