Three homeless after Corentyne fire
A family of three has been left homeless after a fire of unknown origin completely destroyed their three bedroom, two storey wooden and concrete house on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Ravindra Sookra, 30, of Lot 12 ‘C’ Toolsie Street, Williamsburg Corentyne told reporters at the scene that he was at home having lunch at about 12:00 noon, when he saw smoke emanating from the upper flat of the house.
News Room understands that Sookra was the only one at home when the fire started. He disclosed that he rushed to the upper flat to investigate but had to rush back downstairs due to the flames. The estate worker said he attempted to save some items from the lower flat.
According to him, firefighters were unable to save the house as the flames were uncontrollable. Sookra said he lost everything in the fire and is now contemplating his next move.
He is accepting any form of assistance from the public as he noted his 11-year-old son also lost his school uniforms and other belongings in the fire. Persons desirous of providing assistance can contact him on telephone number: 592- 666 – 4833.