Kitty man died from poisonous substance – PME

0

A Post Mortem Examination (PME) conducted on the badly decomposed body of a Da Silva Street Kitty, Georgetown man which was found on the Corentyne, has revealed that he died from ingesting a poisonous substance.

This was revealed by Commander of ‘B’ Division Linden Alves.

Rajendra Persaud, 58, was found face up in a clump of bushes at Brighton Village, Corentyne on November 22, by cattle farmers in the area. He was clad in a long pants and a long sleeve T-shirt. A haversack containing bank card and cash were also recovered from the scene.

The News Room understands that Persaud went missing on November 11 after leaving his Kitty, Georgetown home for work at Sterling Products in Georgetown where he worked as an engineer, however he never arrived.

Despite the post mortem report, family members still suspect foul play and question why would Persaud travel to Berbice and not inform them. News Room was informed that Persaud was recently diagnosed with diabetes and hypertension and also complained about being uncomfortable at his work place.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.