Korner Kick Manager was murdered


The Guyana Police Force has determined that 21-year-old Tevin Parris did not commit suicide and has since launched a murder investigation.

Relatives had told News Room on Wednesday morning that a Post Mortem Examination (PME) conducted on his remains were inconclusive, however, the police stated that the autopsy revealed that Parris died as a result of a single gunshot, where the warhead entered his right nostril and exited the middle of the head. It was not self-inflicted.

The body was handed over to relatives for burial. Parris was found dead in his Garnett Street, Newtown Kitty, home with a bullet wound to the head at around 07:40hrs on Monday, January 08, 2018. Police said his body was discovered in the bedroom by an Uncle who had gone to check on him.

An unlicensed 9mm pistol with fourteen live rounds was found in his right hand; a matching spent shell was found next to the body. Crime scene ranks processed the scene and also swabbed both his hands for gunpowder residue.

The young man was an Accountant and a manager for the Korner Kick Sports Bar, located at Lime and Bent Streets, Georgetown.

His family maintained that he did not commit suicide and suspected that he was murdered.

This morning at the Georgetown Hospital morgue, his relatives asked for time before they speak with the press as they wish to allow the police to complete their investigations and leave no stone unturned in solving the case.

Parris was one of the many young persons, who was involved in the just concluded Golden Smile Family Old School Party in the National Park which was held on Sunday, January 7.

Relatives had told News Room that the young man could not have taken his own life and recalled that he was full of energy on Sunday morning while talking with the family.

Relatives also told News Room that the young businessman would have always sought the advice of his elders when something was bothering him.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.