Fire averted at Demerara Mutual Life

0

A security guard Tuesday morning doused a small fire that erupted from an air conditioning unit at Demerara Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited Building on Avenue of the Republic.

News Room understands that the air conditioning thermostat, located on the third floor of the building, overheated and smoke began to emanate from the unit.

The security guard used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire. When the Fire Service arrived on scene, there was no need for them to go into action.

There were no reported injuries or damages to the building.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.