Three-member IMC appointed to run GFA
The Guyana Football Federation (GFF) has appointed three persons to serve as the members on the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Georgetown Football Association (GFA) effective July 9, 2018.
The three are: Chairman Trevor Williams, while Major Shen Fung and Nolan Lancaster are members of the body, which has a six-month lifespan.
According to the IMC’s Terms of Reference, the GFA’s IMC will be responsible for the daily operations of the GFA with key responsibilities including:
- Managing the daily operations of the GFA in accordance with the Constitution of the GFA.
- Organising the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the GFA and organising elections accordingly by December 31, 2018, in accordance with the Constitution of the GFA.
- Organising the competitions of the GFA.
- Establishing an office for the daily operations of the GFA.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports to the Executive Committee of the GFF.
“The appointment of an IMC for the GFA became necessary following a non-functional Executive Committee and was taken in accordance with the guidelines and provisions of Article 2 Para. [d] & [e], Article 13. Para. [a] of the GFF Constitution and Article 82 in addition to Article 8 Para. 2 of the FIFA Statutes,” the GFF said on Tuesday.
The members of the IMC will not be eligible to contest the GFA election when held, it added.