64-Y-O perishes in Better Hope fire

0

A fire, which is believed to have started from a lit stove, has left a 64-year old man dead.

Reports are that the man resides at Lot 10 Bissoon Street, Better Hope South, East Coast Demerara (ECD) with his common-law wife, Anita Looknauth, 54, a vendor and his 15-year old grandson, Randy Ameer, a labourer.

However, at about 12:00hrs on Sunday, Fazel Ally was alone at home when neighbours saw the house on fire.

The Guyana Fire Service was called in and arrived at the scene shortly after, but was unable to save anything from the single flat wooden structure.

Firemen found Ally’s body in the debris positioned at the doorway.

It was also discovered that the fire originated from the stove left unattended.

Police were told that the deceased was always in the habit of threatening to burn his home down whenever he was under the influence of alcohol.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.