Man dies after ingesting wrong pills; friend arrested

0

A 46-year-old labourer of Kitty, Georgetown is now dead after he mistakenly ingested suspected Carbon Tablets.

News Room understands that Gary Sulavan left his Lot 4 Duncan Street, Kitty home at about 11:00hrs on Sunday and returned at about 20:00hrs with a bottle containing tablets which he said were GARLIC EXTRA 1000G, for wind pain.

The man’s wife, Simone Cheong told the police that her husband confided in her that the tablets were given to him by a friend.

At about 22:00hrs, the deceased reportedly consumed some of the tablets but about two hours later, started complaining about feeling unwell.

News Room understands that the man began vomiting and was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital in an ambulance.

However, Sulavan succumbed just after midnight while receiving medical attention.

The bottle and contents were taken to the hospital by the deceased’s wife and found what is suspected to be carbon tablets.

The body is presently lying at the GPHC awaiting Post Mortem.

The friend was arrested and is presently in Police custody.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.