Construction worker granted bail on cocaine charge

0

A 53-year-old construction worker was on Monday released on $300,000 bail by City Magistrate Leron Daly for the offence of cocaine trafficking.

Andrew Jordan was charged last month before Chief Magistrate, Ann McLennan after pleading not guilty to the charge which alleged that on September 15, 2018, at his Lot 15 Craig Street, Campbellville house, he had 100 grams of cocaine in his possession for the purpose of trafficking.

When the matter was recalled before Magistrate Daly, Jordan’s Attorney Dexter Todd made an application for bail on the grounds that multiple persons reside at the house where the suspected cocaine was found.

But Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU) Prosecutor, Kunyo Sandiford opposed bail based on the seriousness of the charge.

CANU had said that the suspected cocaine was in Jordan’s refrigerator and he allegedly told the CANU officers that he was “trying a thing.”

Magistrate Daly overruled the prosecution’s objection and released Jordan on $300,000 bail. The matter is adjourned until November 19.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.