$700M approved to develop 4,000 house lots
Government Parliamentarians Thursday afternoon voted to approve $700 million for the Central Housing and Planning Authority to develop 4, 000 house lots in various areas across the country.
Minister responsible for housing, Annette Ferguson announced the list of areas where house lots will be developed.
- 275 house lots for Mabaruma in Region One
- 1, 100house lots at Meten-Meer-Zorg, West Coast Demerara
- 1650 house lots at Vigilance, East Coast Demerara
- 385 house lots at Annandale, East Coast Demerara
- 220 house lots at Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara
- 83 house lots at Foulis, East Coast Demerara
- 825 house lots at Hope/Experiment in Region Five
- 138 house lots at Ordance Fortland in Region 6
- 550 house lots at Lethem in Region Nine
- 110 house lots at Kwakwani in Rgeion Ten
- 1, 100 house lots at Amelia’s Ward, Linden in Region 10
- 138 house lots at Bur-Jag in Region Ten
- 275 house lots at Recht-Door-Zee in Region Three
- 182 house lots at Prospect (Phase 2)
- 190 house lots at Providence (Phase 5)
- 370 house lots at Cummings Lodge
The funding approved by the House will specifically cater for land acquisition, designs, land clearing and accesses.
With the funds approved, Minister Ferguson said that work will commence work immediately at Recht-Door-Zee, Prospect, Providence and Cummings Lodge.