Teen dies two months after accident, family wants justice 


Two months after 18-year-old Bariel Hall was injured in an accident on the Avenue of the Republic in Georgetown, he succumbed at the Georgetown Public Hospital on Monday without regaining consciousness.

The teen was out at a carnival jouvert with a group of friends on May 25 and while on their way home, he was struck down by a silver motor car on the pedestrian crossing.

The News Room understands that the driver fled the scene.

Hall was rushed to the Georgetown Public hospital by the Guyana Fire Service in an unconscious state.  The teen never regained consciousness and died on August 5.

The teen’s father, Barrington Hall told the News Room that after his son died, a Security Guard came forward as an eyewitness and said the teen ran in front of the car during an attempted robbery.

“Where this man went all the time? Where this guard went exactly with he binoculars that he wants to come forward now and say I see where this robbery happen?” the father questioned.

Barrington Hall

The family is not satisfied with the Police investigation into the accident and is pleading with anyone with information to come forward.

“Everybody who see what happen, I am pleading with John public let them come forth and talk and let their conscious be their guide cause an innocent life snuff out,” the father said.

The car that was reportedly involved in the accident

“I need justice to prevail, two months and something my son was in the hospital.”

The family said a post mortem examination on Wednesday showed the teenager died as a result of multiple complications.

Alana James the teen’s mother said she was at work on an oil rig when she heard her son was in an accident.  The mother said he was a very loving person.

Alana James

“No words could express how I feel, that was my friend, my joy my whole life,” the mother said.

Meanwhile, the father told the News Room that the car that hit his son was found stashed in Grove, East Bank Demerara.

The father said the Police told him the driver was only arrested for one night and placed on $100,000 station bail.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.