Mon Repos tragedy: Family had warned man ‘not to fall in wrong trap’

0

The Mon Repos, East Coast Demerara man who reportedly ingested a poisonous substance he also fed to his daughter and ex-wife was warned “not to fall into the wrong trap.”

Balkaran Persaud, 57, had repeatedly complained that his wife would not take care of him and his family and had threatened to do “something” to her, neighbours said.

Early Monday, Persaud died after ingesting the poison. His daughter and ex-wife remain hospitalized.

The man and his ex-wife, Kavita Persaud lived with their daughter 3-year-old Saraswattie Persaud. The man’s other two children, from a previous relationship, also lived with them.

The woman had moved out of the house and lived a short distance away.

Kavita Persaud

Samdia Persaud, the man’s sister, said: “My brother does tell me (about his problem) and me does tell him don’t fall in the wrong trap.

“He does complain to me that this girl don’t cook for him and he child and does torment he….”

Neighbours were alerted to the bizarre tragedy after hearing the 35-year-old woman screaming.

When a neighbor rushed over, the man, woman and their child showed signs of suspected poisoning.

The woman was in yard while their daughter was lying in the bed.

The house where Balkaran lived with his 3-year-old daughter

Neighbours said the woman had separated from Persaud and lived a short distance away.

However, she would show up at the house in the morning to get the child ready for school and would leave the child at a neighbor’s house.

Persaud would then take the child to school.

It is unclear at this time what triggered the early morning tragedy.

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.