The Guyana Post Office Corporation, in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Protection, continues to implement systems that seek to protect our senior citizens and contain the spread of COVID-19 by preventing mass gathering and practicing social distancing.
In this regard, the payment of Old Age Pension in May 2020 will begin on Wednesday, April 29, 2020, at 7:00 hours at all Post Offices countrywide.
An alphabetical system, using surnames/last names, will be employed for senior citizens to receive their payment at the Post Offices during the first five payment days of the month at Post Offices in regions 2,3,4,5,6 and 10.
Senior citizens will be paid as follows:
- Surnames/last names beginning with the letters A to E on Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- Surnames / last names beginning with the letters F to J on Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Surnames / last names beginning with the letters K to O on Monday, May 4, 2020 the third payment day of the month
- Surnames / last names beginning with the letters P to T on Wednesday, May 6, 2020•
- Surnames / last names beginning with the letters U to Z on Thursday, May 7, 2020
The alphabetical system will only be used during the first five payment days.
Any senior citizen will be allowed to cash his/her coupon/s on any day after the fifth payment day.
In keeping with the guidelines provided by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), the GPOC will continue to enforce a minimum distance of three feet between individuals accessing our services. This measure will limit the number of individuals who can enter the Post Office at any given time. Persons visiting our offices will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry, and our public areas will be sanitized intermittently throughout the day. Persons visiting the Post Office are asked to wear a protective mask.