Abused woman’s house burglarised while she was hospitalised


By Isanella Patoir

Thirty-one-year-old Colleen Daly, a vendor and mother of four is thankful for life after she was brutally stabbed about her body by her husband Glenn Forde on April 25.

Forde committed suicide after the gruesome act at their North East La Penitence home by slitting his throat and jumping off the roof.  The couple had been together for 11 years during which Daly suffered daily physical abuse at the hands of Forde.

While Daly is recovering, she is also suffering from the loss of all her household items; her house was burglarised while she was in the hospital.

“They take everything, is just a chair set they left in the house…my house was furnished, even my ID card they carry away,” Daly told the News Room during a telephone interview Thursday.

Daly was discharged from the hospital a week ago; as a result of her injuries she cannot do any physical activity, one of her hands was almost severed and her bladder was damaged.

“I am in a lot of pain, my bladder damage; my whole hand right down to my finger got steel…the hospital had to make up back my hand to get a hand right now.

Glenn Forde

“I can’t walk properly but I trying to get up and move around but I really can’t do anything for myself right now,” Daly said.

Daly was told by doctors that her hand may take about six months to heal and she would also need to undergo therapy.

According to Daly, she suffered years of abuse at the hands of her husband and made several reports to the Police but nothing was done.

The day before the attack the couple had started to argue.

On the day of the incident, Forde sent the children away to a relative, locked the door from inside the house and then attacked Daly.

Forde reportedly slit his throat and jumped off the roof of the house. He died on the spot.

“Normally on afternoons we does sell so after I go home the day I go and wash up and I say I going and relax, at about [16:00hrs] he came and wake me up; same time my mother call and I was talking to her on the phone and he said he fed up of this thing and he start chopping me,” Daly recalled.

Daly lost consciousness and only woke up back four days later at the Georgetown hospital.

That is when she learnt that her husband had died.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.