THAG donates vouchers to healthcare workers
See full statement from the Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana (THAG):
Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana extends heartfelt gratitude to all of our health care workers.
In spite of the challenges of COVID-19, the tremendous strain and time away from their families, our health care providers remain resolute in keeping us safe and their efforts to mitigate the spread of this dreadful virus. We say thank you for all that you continue to do.
Today, the Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana (THAG) also recognises the achievement of Guyanese nurses as they celebrate International Day of the Nurse on May 12, 2020.
As a demonstration of our appreciation, THAG, and its members will hand over complimentary vouchers to the Guyana Medical Council and Guyana Nurses’ Association to relax and recuperate at our member locations across the destination when we return to normalcy. Each Association will disseminate to its membership by random selection.
As Tourism Operators and citizens, we are ever reliant upon health care workers for their care and patience when attending to our loved ones, our staff, and our guests. #ThreeCheersBecauseYouRock!
We thank the following operations for their contributions that will benefit 113 health care workers and companions:
- Guyana Marriott Hotel – Dine with someone special
- Herdmanston Lodge – Lunch experience with your chosen companions
- Grand Coastal Hotel – Bottle of champagne and one (1) hour massage for our outstanding health care personnel.
- Kosmos Grill & Lounge – Buffet breakfast with friends or family
- Cara Lodge – Dinner with your special people
- Atta Lodge – Overnight retreat to the heart of Iwokrama Rainforest
- Wilderness Explorers- Transportation to and from the rainforest
- Karanambu Lodge – Overnight escape to the quiet of Northern Rupununi
- Rock View Lodge – Overnight experience at the oasis in the Rupununi
- Dagron Tours & Sloth Island Nature Resort – Overnight experience on the Mighty Essequibo
- Hurakabra River Resort – Overnight experience on the Mighty Essequibo
- Adel’s Resort – Overnight at the hidden treasure on the Pomeroon River
- Odyssey Tours – Essequibo day tour to Aruwai H2O Resort by jet boat for a small group
- Roraima Tours – Arrowpoint Resort- A day trip with workmates to Arrowpoint Resort