Henry boys were killed elsewhere and dumped; all suspects released


Investigators have confirmed that 16-year-old Isaiah Henry and 18-year-old Joel Henry were brutally murdered somewhere else and then dumped in the backlands of Cotton Tree, West Coast Berbice (WCB) and with no solid case against the suspects, all of them were released and placed on station bail.

Police Headquarters in a statement noted that investigators are now actively searching for the crime scene.

The statement noted that the primary crime scene “would greatly assist in the probe as the primary crime scene will have an abundance of evidence linking the perpetrators to the crime.”

The Police are calling on the public to come forward witg any information which can assist investigators in finding the crime scene.

“The investigators are all actively following up every lead and information received from members of the public who have come forward to assist investigators.”

According to the statement, the investigators were initially onfronted with some challenges, particularly as it relates to accessing the crime scene after protestors blocked the roads along the Berbice corridor for days.

Once the investigators were able to visit the crime scene, preliminary findings showed that the bodies of the Henry boys were discovered at a secondary crime scene “meaning that the heinous murders were not committed where the bodies were found.”

The mutilated bodies of the teen cousins were found on September 6 with several chop wounds.

More than seven persons were arrested for the gruesome murder but as of Monday, the force said all of the suspects were placed on bail and are required to make scheduled visits at the Blairmont Police Station.

But the Police are actively pursuing two additional suspects, the statement noted.

The Police said forensic evidence from the secondary crime scene was identified, collected preserved and submitted to the Guyana Forensic Laboratory for DNA analysis to be conducted. DNA samples were also collected from the suspects who were in custody and sent for a comparative analysis to be conducted against the forensic evidence collected from the secondary crime scene.

Those results are expected within three weeks.

The GPF said the challenges will not deter its continued efforts to bring the perpetrators to justice.
The force “offers assurances that the investigators assigned to this probe are committed to discovering the truth about the circumstances surrounding this gruesome murder.”

The gruesome murder of the teen boys sparked protests across the country.

A Post Mortem Examination (PME) conducted on the mutilated bodies of the boys found that they both died from haemorrhage and shock due to multiple incised injuries including severed spines.

1 Comment
  1. Matthew says

    Get the Buxton Line-top Bhai on a lie detector.. And Vinnie the long faced rigging clown……both of them are capable of this crime in the name of their beloved race war.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.