Albouystown teen beaten, stabbed to death


An Albouystown, Georgetown teenager was beaten and stabbed to death at his place of work on Tuesday morning.

Dead is Jamal Park, 16. He was described as a hardworking individual and his family is claiming that he was threatened after he intervened to assist a 14-year-old who was being picked upon by the three suspects.

Police late Tuesday confirmed one of the suspects was arrested, while the other two remain in hiding.

Park was beaten to the head with a piece of wood and stabbed to the chest and abdomen with an ice pick. He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to the family, Park worked at the Pink Wash Bay on Front Road, West Ruimveldt. The family said at about 09:00 hrs the three men attacked Park by throwing bottles at him. Park in return threw stones at the men who then scaled the fence of the Wash Bay and cornered the young man.

The wash bay where the incident occurred (Photo: News Room/October 13, 2020)

His mother, Shondell Wright, said she was at work when she received the call from his boss that her son was stabbed.

“She told me to come at the hospital. So I waiting for somebody to come and relieve me at work but I didn’t get nobody and the next call she give me she told me my son died,” the grieving woman related.

The teen’s elder sister, Anesa Park, explained that last week the three suspects were involved in an altercation with a 14-year-old. The sister said the 14-year-old complained to her brother who then confronted the suspects. The confrontation resulted in the suspects throwing a bicycle on Park and threatening him.

The family is calling for justice.

“I asking the police to please do something about this because I want to see justice for my son and I will fight to the end because there are too much crime going on which is being unsolved,” the teen’s father, Brent Park, said.

An 18-year-old suspect was arrested and is in custody. Efforts are ongoing to arrest the other two suspects as investigations continue, police said.



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.