Glenn Hanoman heads new GNBA board
Attorney-at-law, Glenn Hanoman has been selected as Chairman of the new Board of Directors of the Guyana National Broadcast Authority (GNBA).
A release from the Office of the Prime Minister on Tuesday noted that the new board was appointed by President Irfaan Ali.
“These appointments were made after significant examination of the most competent and available candidates of Guyanese patriots and take effect from December 1, 2020, for a period of one year,” the release noted.
The other board members are:
- Mr. Valmikki Singh – Spectrum specialist
- Ms. Devi Sukhdeo – Marketing Executive
- Mr. Robert Mohamed – Broadcaster
- Mr. Jason Abdulla – Digital Communications Specialist
- Opposition Nominee – To be nominated
- Head of the Telecommunications Agency
The Guyana National Broadcasting Authority is the legal body in Guyana with the responsibility to regulate, monitor, protect, improve and maintain the highest standards of broadcasting in Guyana.
“The selection of such a diverse and experienced board is indicative of Government’s commitment to ensuring professionalism, equity and high standards in the broadcast industry in Guyana,” the release concluded.