8-year-old Clonbrook student dies after reportedly electrocuted
Police are investigating the death of an 8-year-old student of Clonbrook Primary School, East Coast Demerara (ECD) who was reportedly electrocuted on Wednesday.
A statement from the Guyana Police Force (GPF) disclosed that the child, Daishaun Doris was at home with his 21-year-old sister and at about 11:00hrs, he went downstairs and did not return.
The lad’s sister, Huldan Petrie, a teacher of Ann’s Grove New Developers School, told investigators that she called out to him but did not get a response.
Fifteen minutes later, a younger cousin identified as Amaiyah Pellew went to inform her that Doris was lying in the yard.
Petrie went into the yard where she noticed her brother lying motionless with froth coming from his mouth and an electric drill in his right hand.
Petrie raised an alarm and her aunt along with neighbours rushed to her assistance and placed the child in a taxi to transport him to the Dr CC Nichols Hospital.
There Doris was pronounced dead by a doctor on duty.
It was observed that the area where Doris was found had mud, police said.
Burn mark was also seen on the child’s right foot and a yellow electric cord was found running down the front steps and plugged into an outlet in the upper flat of the house.
Police said the cord is used to operate a washing machine which is under the house; the drop cord was seized and lodged at the station.