Seven robbed at gunpoint during party at ‘Anytime Guinness Bar’
Seven persons who were partying at the ‘Anytime Guinness Bar’ at La Union, West Coast Demerara on Friday night were held at gunpoint by two bandits and robbed of their phones, cash and jewellery.
Police Headquarters in a statement noted that the patrons were imbibing at the bar when two men – one armed with a cutlass and the other with a gun – walked in and attacked then at about 22:00h.
The suspect with the firearm stood guard while his accomplice relieved the victims of their personal items.
The suspect armed with the gun discharged a round in the air and then they both ran into Crane Old Road where they escaped. Police retrieved a suspected spent shell at the scene.
The following individuals were robbed of their valuables:
1) Imran Rahaman, 48, a taxi driver of Anna Catherina W.C.D – one Samsung J2 Cellphone and $30,000 cash.
2) Munesh Paul, 33, a labourer of La Grange W.B.D – Samsung S8 cellphone and $60,000 cash
3) Bishram Lakhan, 25, a taxi driver of Belle West, W.B.D – a Samsung S6 cellphone and a gold ring
4) Fazal Khan, 23, a labourer of Patentia, W.B.D – a LG cellphone and $10,000 cash
5) Sarwan Persaud, 38, a businessman of La Union W.C.D – Samsung cellphone.
6) Ashley Austin, 22, of Tuschen E.B.E – $10,000 cash
7) Shinkar Lutchman, 40, a operator of Diamond, E.B.D – $16,000 cash