No ‘Phagwah gathering’ on vehicles; mandirs only allowed at 40% capacity
See below a list of guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health in relation to the celebration of Phagwah 2021:
Phagwah/ Holi will be celebrated on Sunday, March 28th. As a result of continuing health concerns related to COVID-19, it is necessary to have some restrictions on the celebrations.
- Phagwah events at the mandirs, including cultural programmes, chowtaal samelan and
satsangh/services, are allowed at 40% capacity. Mandirs are encouraged to utilize their outdoor spaces where available.
- Socially distanced gatherings for the burning of Holika are allowed.
- Large Phagwah events involving hundreds or thousands of persons are not allowed.
- Phagwah gatherings on trucks, canters or other vehicles carrying alcohol are not allowed.
- Persons are encouraged to celebrate within their home circles.
- Masks must be worn at all times, six feet social distancing maintained along with frequent hand washing and sanitizing.