Boy, 2, dies after drinking gasoline

0

A toddler of Isseneru, Village Middle, Mazaruni River, died on Friday after he reportedly drank gasoline stored at his mother’s camp at Hymarak Backdam.

According to a police report, the incident occurred at around 13:00hrs on Friday.

Police said that the toddler, Ken Jacobs, and his mother were at her mining camp when she left him unattended for a brief moment to tidy up her camp.

Moments later, she saw the child vomiting what appeared to be blood. Police said that the mother later realised that he drank some gasoline that was stored at her camp.

He was then rushed to the Isseneru Health Post and later died.

His body is presently at the Bartica Public Hospital. A report was made to police ranks on duty in the area.

Investigations are in progress.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.