Harrinand Persaud elected President of THAG, new Executive appointed
Harrinand Persaud, the Chief Financial and Marketing Officer of King’s Hotel & Residences, King’s Jewellery World, Bistro Cafe and Bar, and Starr Computers, has been elected President of the Tourism and Hospitality Association of Guyana (THAG).
On Friday, THAG virtually hosted its 27th and 28th Annual General Meeting to elect a new Executive Council in Georgetown, Guyana.
In his remarks, Persaud shared that is a great honour and privilege to serve as President of THAG. Persaud extended special thanks to immediate past President, Mitra Ramkumar; Executive Director, Treina Butts and Ms Oslyn Martindale, the Executive Officer who have all worked tirelessly over the years.
THAG, in a statement, said despite the COVID-19 pandemic and its adverse impact on tourism and hospitality businesses, Guyana will continue to be a top tourist destination and attraction. As such Mr Persaud appealed to members to be ready whilst staying safe.
“With a mass vaccination programme in place, our industry will bloom again, as is evident in other countries. We will continue to follow the safe practice guidelines, and gradually, herd immunity will be achieved,” the statement noted.
Mr Ramkumar as the Immediate Past President will provide continuity and guidance to the newly elected president. Mr Persaud endeavoured to work closely with the executives, directors, and members of THAG, promising to call upon them for their continued support, advice and guidance.
The new Executive is as follows:
- The President of THAG: Mr Harrinand Persaud MBA, Chief Financial & Marketing Officer, King’s Jewellery World
- Vice President: Mr Kenneth Shivdyal, Destination Development Manager, Wilderness Explorers
- Treasurer: Mrs Camille Boodhoo, Managing Director, Old Fort Tours & Angellina’s Travel Service
- Committee Members are:
- Mr Eduardo Reple, General Manager, Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown
- Mr Dane Gobin, CEO, Iwokrama
- Ms Zena Bone, Owner, Adel’s Rainforest Resor
- Mr Victor Pires, Managing Director, Bullseye Investments