Five more people die from ‘COVID’; 87 new cases
Another five people have died from the disease, COVID-19, taking the total number of people who have died from the disease since March 2020 to 416.
The latest fatalities are:
- A 72-year-old woman from Region Four (Demerara- Mahaica), who died on June 6
- A 66-year-old man from Region Three (Essequibo Islands- West Demerara), who died on June 7
- A 56-year-old woman from Region Three, who died on June 6
- A 70-year-old woman from Region Four, who died on June 7
- A 65-year-old man from Region Five (Mahaica- Berbice) who died on June 6
According to the Health Ministry, the patients were admitted with COVID-19 like symptoms but died while receiving care at our medical institutions. Samples were taken at the time of admission which subsequently returned positive tests.
With these five deaths, 18 deaths have been recorded for this month so far.
Meanwhile, there have been 87 new cases, taking the total number of cases since March, last year, to 17,805. Additionally, 108 people have recovered, taking the total number of recoveries to 15,628.
These new cases are drawn from: Region One (nine cases), Region Three (three cases), Region Four (31 cases), Region Five (two cases), Region Six (12 cases), Region Nine (20 cases) and Region 10 (10 cases).
There are also 1,764 active cases; of these cases, 17 people are in the COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 95 people are in institutional isolation, 1,649 are in home isolation and three are in institutional quarantine.