Bus driver who attacked Police with cutlass charged with five other offences
Collis Whyte, the man who was seen attacking a Policeman in a video that went viral on social media, has now been charged with several offences.
Whyte, who ran the Police officer with a cutlass and threatened him on April 20, 2021, is serving a one-year sentence in relation to a charge for the offense of carrying an offensive weapon.
On Monday, Whyte appeared in the Georgetown Magistrate Court via Zoom before Senior Magistrate Clive Nurse where he was found guilty of the offenses listed:
1) Two counts of dangerous driving: Fined $50,000 on each or 3 months imprisonment
2) Conduct of driver: Fined $30,000 or 6 weeks imprisonment
3) Breach of condition of a certificate of fitness: Fined $20,000 or 4 weeks imprisonment.
4) Failure to give right away: Fined $25,000 or 5 weeks imprisonment
5) Breach of Restriction (not wearing a face mask in public): Fined 10,000 or 1-week imprisonment