Police finds getaway car used in multi-million gold heist


Investigators have discovered the getaway car which was used in the multi-million-dollar gold heist at Wallison Enterprise at Gordon Street, Kitty on August 05.

A police release stated that the driver abandoned the car in front of his Cummings Lodge, East Coast Demerara house and reportedly left for the interior.

The police release noted that persons in the area said prior to leaving, the driver offloaded a canter full of household items a day after the robbery. The items were also recovered.

The items recovered (Photo: Guyana Police Force)

As investigators continue their pursuit of the driver, three persons were charged and remanded to prison on Tuesday for their involvement in the robbery.

Guyana Defence Force (GDF) Sergeant Keyon King, 32, of Vergenoegen, East Bank Essequibo along with two the company’s security officers Delroy Jackson called “Bug”, 36, of Golden Grove, East Coast Demerara and Peon Lee called “Nino Brown”, 35, of Mocha, East Bank Demerara appeared before Principal Magistrate Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus on Tuesday at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court on four charges related to the robbery.

On Tuesday morning, King pleaded guilty and was due to be sentenced in the afternoon. When the court was called to order in the afternoon, he told the Magistrate that at the time he pleaded guilty, he was confused about what was happening in court since he had no lawyer.

He further claimed that he had no knowledge of the robbery and the Magistrate accepted his not guilty plea.

The trio denied that on August 5, while being armed with guns and in the company of others, they robbed Wallison Enterprise of $38 million in local currency and $20 million worth of raw gold property of Francis Santos Lumes.

They were slapped with three charges for carrying out the armed robbery committed on Fernanda Carmicheal of a phone worth $350,000, Francis Santos Lumes of gold jewellery and cash amounting to $224,000, and William Batista Dasilva of a $60,000 cell phone.

The three men denied the charges and were all remanded to prison until August 24.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.