Man admits to brutal murder of British teen


Staymon George, one of the men involved in the 2015 gruesome beating to death of British citizen, 18-year-old Dominic Bernard on Monday confessed to the crime.

George, 28, appeared before Justice Sandil Kissoon at the Berbice High Court for the capital offence of murder; he admitted that on October 14, 2015, at Kildonan Village, Corentyne, East Berbice, he murdered Bernard.

Sentencing was deferred to October 19, 2021; attorney-at-law Latchmie Rahamat, by way of a fiat of the Director of Public Prosecutions, was appointed special prosecutor in the case, while George was represented by attorney-at-law Ravindra Mohabir.

Meanwhile, the teen’s godbrother Aaron Hing is expected to be arraigned on Monday, October 11 on the same murder charge. George’s child mother Krystol Thomas, her mother Sinfine Henry, also known as “Coreen” and his friend, Jahmil Sinclair are currently awaiting trial for the offence of accessory to murder in connection with the incident.

Aaron Hing

The British teenager reportedly arrived in Guyana on the evening of October 14, 2015; he was scheduled to return to England on November 5, 2015.

Hing became a person of interest after he disappeared when the police attempted to contact him. As law-enforcement officers continued to dig for information, George was added to the list of suspects.

Police later captured them both — Hing at a city hotel and George at a house in Tucville, Georgetown. They were arrested after the decomposed body of a male, believed to be that of the missing teenager, was discovered a few villages from Kildonan – the same community where he was expected to spend his time during his visit to Guyana.

The two later admitted that they picked up the teen from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport and on their way to Berbice, they stopped along Sheriff Street, where they ate and drank a few beers.

Police had discovered the teen’s camera and its components; they were dug up after a third suspect, Jahmil Sinclair, took law enforcement officers to an area behind Nurney Village and pointed out where he had hidden the equipment.

Sinclair reportedly admitted that he was promised payment to hide the teen’s belongings on the night he was fatally beaten.

A post-mortem performed on the body revealed that the British teen was struck at the back of the head; he sustained a fractured skull and a broken neck.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.