Boy, 13, dies as parents, siblings battle for life after consuming liquid

0

Police are investigating the death of a 13-year-old boy from the North West District who died on Monday hours after consuming a locally made liquid.

Dead is Rondel Henry, a student of the Aruka Mouth Primary School. His parents, 35-year-old Ronald David and 34-year-old Donnette Henry along with his siblings ages 11, 4 and 7, are hospitalised in a critical condition at the Mabaruma Regional Hospital.

Police Headquarters reported that the entire family experienced diarrhea and vomiting after consuming the substance on December 19.

At about 13:00hrs the following day, Rondel became motionless at home; he was later taken to the Mabaruma Hospital where he was pronounced dead. His body was placed in the mortuary pending a post mortem examination.

The other family members were immediately admitted “as patients in a critical condition.”

According to the police, on Monday at about 16:00 hrs, a team of environmental officers and police ranks visited the scene where checks were made around the premises but no containers or anything relating to a poisonous substance was found.

“Ranks are closely working along with the health officials and investigations are in progress,” the police release concluded.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.