Christmas Day: G/town house burnt after mosquito coil left unattended

0

A family of four is now homeless after a fire destroyed their Rose Street, West Ruimveldt Georgetown house on Christmas morning.

The Guyana Fire Service reported that three fire tenders from the Central and West Ruimveldt Fire Stations responded at around 08:50 hrs.

The building on fire was a flat wooden and concrete building; it was occupied by Jewel Anderson and her family of three.

According to reports, the fire started after a lit mosquito coil was left unattended and eventually ignited a window curtain, before spreading throughout the entire building.

The building and its contents were completely destroyed leaving the four persons homeless.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.