COVID-19: 14-mth-old boy among six new deaths; 865 new infections
Guyana’s COVID-19 death toll has increased to 1,081 with the addition of six new deaths, the Ministry of Health reported on Friday.
The latest victims were:
– an unvaccinated 14-month-old boy from Region One;
– a fully vaccinated 58-year-old woman of Region Three who died on January 13;
– an 83-year-old woman of Region Six whose vaccination status was unknown;
– a fully vaccinated 77-year-old woman of Region Six as well;
– an unvaccinated 52-year-old man also of Region Six;
– a 94-year-old man of Region Four whose vaccination status was also unknown
Those deaths push January’s death toll to 26.
Additionally, 865 new infections were recorded from 3,153 tests, increasing the number of confirmed infections in Guyana since March 11, 2020 to 49,056.
These new infections were recorded in Region One (one case), Region two (38 cases), Region Three (157 cases), Region Four (532 cases), Region Five (25 cases), Region Six (67 cases), Region Nine (one case) and Region 10 (44 cases).
Additionally, 15 patients are receiving critical care in the COVID-19 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) while 145 people are in institutional isolation, seven people are in institutional quarantine and 8,835 people are in home isolation.
A total of 38,980 people have recovered after they were infected with the disease.