Handyman saves Linden school from fire

0

A handyman attached to the Christianburg Wismar Secondary School in Linden managed to save the school from being ravaged by a fire early on Thursday.

The News Room understands that the fire started at about 08:00hrs in one of the classrooms located on the second floor.

The handyman said he observed smoke coming from the classroom and upon investigating, saw that a bookshelf was on fire. The handyman bravely pushed the bookshelf out of the window, preventing a major catastrophe.

The Guyana Fire Service and Police Force are at the scene investigating.

The News Room understands that the school has been shut for the day.

When contacted the Regional Education Officer Nichol Matthews said she is at the scene and could not provide further details.

Commander Hugh Winter confirmed to the News Room that the incident occurred.

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.