AmCham Guyana’s HSSE conference a resounding success
See below full press release from the American Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AmCham) Guyana:
AmCham Guyana is pleased to announce the successful conclusion of its Third Annual HSSE Conference hosted at the Guyana Marriott Hotel. This year’s conference, held under the theme “People as the Solution, Safety Starts at Home” was oversubscribed, with more than 120 attendees representing over 50 companies from various industries throughout the country.
The conference’s hybrid, virtual and in-person format allowed scores of viewers, both locally and internationally, to be a part of the conference, and engage with presenters.
In keeping with the theme of the conference, presenters spoke on a wide range of topics, including “Embracing International HSSE Standards”, “Combating Workplace Hazards”, and “The Hierarchy of HSSE Controls”. These presenters represented both Government and Private Sector organizations, and included:
● Hon. Minister Joseph Hamilton – Minister of Labour
● Hon. Vickram Bharrat – Minister of Natural Resources
● Mr. Valdim Persaud – Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Works
● Mr. Kemraj Parsram – Executive Director of the EPA
● Mr. Earl Morris – Chairman of the National Advisory Council on OSH
● Mr. Komal Singh – CEO of Gaico Construction Inc.
● Ms. Latoya Jack – CEO of Kronoco Safety Solutions
● Lt. Col. Ret’d Egbert. Field – Director General of the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority
● Mr. Courtney Byrne – Area Manager of Bristow Guyana
● Ms. Gwenneth King – OHS Consultant of the Ministry of Labour
● Mr. Michael Anderson – Representative of Keen 360
● Ms. Janice Weever – Senior OSHE Officer of GTT
● Ms. Tinesha James – OSHE Officer of GTT
● Mr. Andrew Orwa – Representative of ExxonMobil Guyana
● Ms. Shonnette Nelson – OSHE Officer of MACORP Guyana
● Mr. Khalid Alladin – Projects Director of Environmental Management Consultants
● Mr. Simon Padilla – HSE&SQ Professional of Halliburton
● Ms. Vidya Heeralall – Assistant to the Operations Manager of NAMILCO
● Ms. Hema Singh – Country Manager of eZone Guyana
● Lavonia Springer – QHSSE Manager of the Centre for Local Business Development
AmCham’s President, Mr. Devindra Kissoon, expressed his gratitude to panelists and participants alike, as well as to the AmCham team who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make the conference a success. Mr. Kissoon also wished to thank the sponsors of the event, SOL Guyana Inc, GTT, i-Net Communications Inc, Japarts – Source One, Excel Guyana, MACORP Guyana Ltd. and Halliburton, for playing a vital role in helping the Chamber to achieve its objectives.
Mr. Kissoon further explained that AmCham’s Annual HSSE Conference will act as a permanent platform to showcase Guyana’s serious approach to HSSE practices in the workplace, and stated that he expected the conference would be much larger next year, with the objective being to raise awareness, demonstrate the importance of, and to have regular conversations about the importance of HSSE improvements in the workplace.