‘Trini’ gets life imprisonment for murder of Agriculturalist


Keino Corbin called ‘Trini’ was on Wednesday sentenced to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole after serving more than 11 years for the 2016 murder of  Agriculturalist Anthony Breedy.

Corbin, 24, formerly of Timehri, East Bank Demerara, was sentenced by High Court Judge Jo-Ann Barlow at the Georgetown High Court.

Last month, Corbin admitted to murdering Breedy between March 12 and 14, 2016, during the course of a robbery at his Hill Foot, Soesdyke/Linden Highway home.

On Wednesday, a social officer presented Corbin’s probation report to the court.

The court learned that Corbin migrated to Trinidad in his younger years and was living with his father, a self-proclaimed “Bishop” and his stepmother.

The social worker said that Corbin reportedly suffered neglect and was physically assaulted by his father and stepmother.

However, Corbin’s father was later charged for allegedly murdering his wife and is currently incarcerated.

According to the social worker, Corbin returned to Guyana in 2015, and began associating with persons of “questionable characters.”

Corbin, in his report, said that he was unaware of the intentions of his friends to kill Breedy and so, he expressed remorse for his actions.

In imposing her sentence, Justice Barlow said she considered that Corbin was a young offender and the fact that a life was lost.

In the end, Corbin was sentenced to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole after serving 11 years, nine months, and 20 days.

The State was represented by prosecutor Latifah Elliot, while Corbin was represented by attorney-at-law Ravindra Mohabir.

In 2016, Corbin was charged jointly with Paul Gorriah and Donnel Trapp for the capital offence.

Breedy, 60, was an Agriculturalist who served the Caribbean Island of Montserrat for years before returning to Guyana and building his home at Soesdyke.

On March 14, 2016, Breedy was found dead in the bottom flat of his home; his hands and feet were bound and his head was bashed in. The upper flat was ransacked.

He was last seen alive on March 12, 2016.

According to a post-mortem report, Breedy died as a result of asphyxia due to manual strangulation compounded by multiple blunt trauma to the head.

Corbin was arrested by police on March 17, 2016, by investigators in Berbice.

Under caution, he allegedly admitted to the crime and confessed to being a part of the gang and hitting Breedy with a concrete block to his head during the home invasion.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.