‘Boy’ accused of killing Canje Businessman granted $750K bail


A 21-year-old mason identified as Dave Singh called ‘Boy’ was granted bail in the sum of $750, 000 when he appeared at the New Amsterdam Magistrate’s Court on Friday.

He is charged with killing a 53-year-old businessman from East Canje, Berbice Vickram Seubarran called ‘Vick’.

Singh of Betsy Ground, East Canje appeared before Magistrate Renita Singh. He was represented by Attorney Mursalin Bacchus. The charge read that between Sunday, July 31 and Monday, August 01 he unlawfully killed Seubarran. Singh was not required to enter a plea when the manslaughter charge was read to him.

His attorney requested bail on the grounds that it is a bailable offence. The Prosecutor Shenell Matheson did not object to bail but requested that the accused report to the police every Friday. Matheson also indicated that the file is incomplete and it has to be sent for further legal advice.

Vickram ‘Vick’ Seubarran

The Magistrate subsequently granted bail in the sum of $750,000 and was ordered to report to Central Police Station every fortnight.

He is expected to return to court on September 13, 2022.

Seubarran was found with a knife plunged into his back on the floor of his kitchen on Monday last by his cousin and brother.

Hours later, police arrested three persons including Singh, the prime suspect, who later confessed to committing the crime. The two other suspects were subsequently released.

A police source, close to the investigation, has since revealed that the suspect shared a close relationship with Seubarran.

Singh told police that the businessman invited him over to his house Sunday night and after spending some time, he wanted to leave but was prevented from doing so by the victim who was making sexual demands.

This resulted in a confrontation between the two men and the suspect reportedly confessed that he grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and stabbed the man in an effort to ward off his advances.

He reportedly told police that he did not intend to kill Seubarran.

Police subsequently recovered Seubarran’s cellphone at Singh’s home on Tuesday.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.