Dexter Todd, Eric Phillips among new faces at the African Caribbean Chamber
See the full statement from the African Caribbean Chamber of Trade Commerce and Industry below:
In furtherance of achieving the objective of the African Caribbean chamber of trade commerce and industry and as part of our restructuring and expansion program. The board of Directors are pleased to announce the appointment of
- Eric Phillips as Regional Director (Caribbean), a recipient of the Golden Arrow of Achievement for Youth Development, Entrepreneurship, and Community Development, is the Chairperson of the Guyana Reparations Committee and a Vice-Chair of the CARICOM Reparations Commission. Eric is also an Executive Member of the African Cultural & Development Association (ACDA) and was the first President of the African Business Roundtable (ABR) in Guyana. Eric Phillips is also a 1990-91 White House Fellow.
Eric Phillips has a degree in Chemical Engineering from McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, an MBA in Marketing and International Business from New York University Stern School of Business, and was also selected as one of 14 fast tract MBA/engineers /leaders to spend fourteen months at Stevens Institute of Technology and AT&T Bell Laboratories in the Communications Training Program (CTP) for Telecommunications Engineering. Eric has been the Managing Director of AT&T Africa &the Middle East, Vice President of AT&T Network Systems; the Managing Director for AT&T Central Europe (Ukraine) and the Deputy Director for AT&T Globalization in Belgium, Europe. He was also a Director of ASC Inc. in London, United Kingdom. Eric spent seven years in South Africa where he was a Director of Africa Union Holdings; a Director for Combination Therapy Medical Solutions and the Chief Operating Officer for Safika Holdings Pty.
- Dexter Mark Godfrey Todd as Director (legal), a renowned attorney at law who is admitted to the legal bar in Guyana and Belize. He is an international Professional trainer on peace and security with the International Consulting Cabinet in Geneva and a member of the Peace and Security Advisory Council to Caribbean Nations, MACBAN Corp USA. Dr. Todd possesses experience in all areas of law and has litigated, from admission to bar to current, over 500 cases. In addition, he is a coach to many young attorneys and law students from both the University of Guyana and Charisma University.To date, Todd holds a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in International Relations from the University of Guyana, a Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) from the University of Guyana, a Legal Education Certificate (LEC) from the Hugh Wooding Law School, a Master of Laws in Conflict Resolution (ADR) with Honors from Charisma University, and a Master of Laws in International Business Law with Merit from Cambria University in London. A Master of Science, MSc in Fraud and Risk Management from the University of Salford Manchester, London.
He’s a highly qualified attorney who is also a Peace Ambassador, appointed by WHOMI to the United Nations, and holds the title His Excellency Dr. Dexter Todd. Dr. Todd has done extensive research in peace and security, Investment law, and Risk management. With his great research in those areas since the year 2017, Dr. Todd has presented many papers and has been consulted internationally on them.
Dr. Todd is a member of Charisma University’s Senate and was appointed in 2021 as an Adjunct Professor at Charisma University where he currently lectures Master of Laws (LL.M) students in Conflict Resolution and Communication and Theory in Conflict Resolution. Dr. Todd also lectures LL. B students at the said University in the areas of Legal system and Constitutional Law.
Dr. Todd has received several outstanding awards: Commander of the Most Distinguished Order of Special Envoy (CDSE),Commander of the Most Noble Order of Global Peace Ambassadors (CGPA)Dean’s Scholars List award from Charisma University (2019), Distinguished Alumni Award for Outstanding talent and profound work in law (Charisma University),Honorary Doctorate from CICA International University & Seminary Houston Texas.
He is a certified Mediator and international Arbitrator and holds a certificate in Judicial Mediation and Arbitration from the University of West Indies. Dr. Todd is the managing partner of Dexter Todd & Associates Law Firm and the CEO of Todd’s Corporate Services Inc.
- Ikechukwu mozie is appointed Regional Director (Africa), An Experienced Marketing Communications and Public Relations Specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the marketing and advertising industry. Skilled in Negotiation, Business Strategy, Customer Service Relations, Corporate Policy and Strategic Management. Mr Mozie educational qualifications includes Higher National Diploma (HND), Mass Communication Anambra State Polytechnic, (now Federal Polytechnic) Oko, Diploma in Management/miniMBA, Strategic Business Management, Marketing and Communication Studies, Int’l Business Management Institute, Berlin Germany and professional qualifications from Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON), Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) , Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) .Mr Mozie has over 20 years’ experience in the private sector as Chief Executive officer of Emivik Nigeria Limited
- Chief AUGUSTINE NKWUGBUKANSI MGBEMERE is appointed Chairman committee on Trade, A chartered accountant with over 40 years experience in both public and private sectors, he holds bachelors of Economics degree from Obafemi Awolowo University as well as professional qualifications from chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
Mr Mgbemere is the Managing Partner, Augustine N. Mgbemere & Co. Chartered
Accountants, MD/CEO, NESTINE Consult &Investment Ltd and has worked at the Abuja Chamber of Commerce as Director General, Messrs Francis Anokwu & Co (Chartered Accountants), Tax
Consultants, Tax Practitioners and Management Consultant. Appointed controller of branches at United Bank for AFrica with the responsibility of managing the four branches of the bank. City Savings and Investment Bank Namibia with responsibility for developing the administration and operations manuals, internal control, accounting package, form designs, credit manuals and reporting formats also as Audit of MISR American Bank, Cairo EGYPT . Merchant Bank of Africa (Nig) Ltd as Deputy Manager/ Chief Internal Auditor and rose to the position of Deputy General Manager/Head of Operation Division then As Chief Internal Auditor of the
Bank and Federal Board of Inland Revenue as Inspector of Taxes.
- Professor Nnamdi Nwaodu is appointed member of committee on Policy and Chairman sub-Committee on Educational Policy .He is a Professor of International Relations, Department of International Relations and Strategic Studies, Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Nigeria, his educational qualifications include, BSc Government and Public Administration ,MSc International Affairs and Diplomacy ,MPA Masters in Public Administration , MSc Industrial Sociology & Personnel Mgt ,MSc Development Studies ,PhD International Relations. He has lectured at various Universities including Abia state University, University of Fort Hare South Africa, school of Management, Information Technology and Governance, College of Law and Management Studies, University of Kwazulu- Natal, South Africa, University of Jos, Imo state University, Micheal Okpara University Umudike, Centre for African-American Research Studies Abuja and Igbinedion University. Professor Nwaodu is currently the Director General of Centre for African-American Research Studies Nigeria/South Africa.