Man homeless after unattended flambeau sets Linden house ablaze

0

A man identified as Shawn Stewart is now homeless after an unattended flambeau completely destroyed the house he was living in on Thursday night.

The Guyana Fire Service in a statement said the incident occurred at Wismar Housing Scheme in Linden at about 21:00hrs. According to the Fire Service, the house was constructed on the government reserve in the area.

When firefighters responded to the scene, the flat wooden house was completely engulfed in flames.

“As a result of the fire, the house and its content were completely destroyed, leaving one person homeless,” the Fire Service stated.

The Fire Service noted that the lit flambeau which was left unattended came into contact with nearby combustible materials.

Investigations are ongoing.

Advertisement
_____
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.