4-year-old girl consumes gramaxone left in goat pen

0

A four-year-old girl is currently hospitalised in a critical state at the New Amsterdam Hospital after reportedly ingesting a poisonous substance.

The child has been identified as Tinesha Shamshundar, No. 50 Village Corentyne, Berbice.

The News Room was informed that the incident occurred on Sunday at about 17:45 hrs.

Reports are that the girl’s mother, a 23-year-old, told police that she had secured a one-litre Pepsi bottle of Gramaxone from her mother-in-law to spray her yard.

She relayed to police that she placed the bottle of the poisonous substance in her goat pen and hid it between a tire.

On Sunday, her daughter was out in the yard playing and at some point, ventured into the livestock pen where the substance was.

The mother related that shortly after her daughter ran to her and told her that she had opened a bottle that was in the pen and consumed some of the liquid from the bottle.

She stated that she immediately rushed her to the Port Mourant Public Hospital, where she was examined and later transferred to the New Amsterdam Public Hospital for further treatment.

The News Room understands that a probe has been launched into the incident.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.